Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Mommy's baby off to school


My first little girl, Emma, is set to start school on Monday. I can't believe it is already that time. It seems like just yesterday she was crawling on the floor, and up the stairs, and you know where I'm going with this.....I'm SAD!!!! I know, I know, I should be proud and happy and think of what a bright young girl I have brought into the world, and I do think all of those things, but I'm still SAD!!!! I like having her at home with me, where I know she is safe. There are no little rotten bullies here to pick on her, she can do what she wants when she wants (if mommy says it's o.k.), and I just know she is happy and safe here!!!!!! Alright, personally, I'm just a mom who doesn't want to give up her first little baby. I'd like to keep my baby, MY BABY, as long as possible! What will I do when she no longer fits on my lap :( And to think this is only the beginning of it all..........

6 comments:

Peggy said...

You should have warned me about that picture!!!!! I immediately started crying. I can't stand it. You tell her that if anybody picks on her, her mommy and her gammy are right on it!!!!! She is so precious and you have done a wonderful job with her, I am sure she will do just fine.

Sonya said...

Can't help ya Tab. I am giving them my youngest tomorrow. Giving him to strangers and expecting them to take good care of him. If he is sad will they hold his hand, If he cries will they call me, will they let him go to his sister Ok now I am gonna cry. I have not been alone in 10 years.

Lori said...

Awww... She's always had such a bright look in her eye!
I got here via Peggy's blog, and as a mom who's sent two off to the First Day - it will be alright. Most schools let the parents stay as long as they like the first few mornings (my second daughter had to tell me to leave) and the very nice people at the front desk probably won't mind if you call to check up... :) Plus, think of all the cool stuff you'll get to hear about when she comes home! (and the christmas concerts - oh dear, just start stocking up on kleenex now...)
Hope she enjoys it!

Lora said...

Be Proud Tabitha!! You've raised her to be a good girl!! And you know she is not afraid to lay the truth out to someone if they try to tell her otherwise!! :) She's a sassy little thing and she's going to do GREAT THINGS!! Just think of the excitement when you sit down with her and you see things she learns at school CLICK in her head and that lightbulb comes on over her head!! It's almost like you can see it, and you know you've helped in many ways!!
You're a great mommy! Put her on that bus or watch her walk in the school with a proud smile. Then bawl when she's outta your sight! LOL It will be OK!

Stacy said...

awwwww, such a sweet pic of Emma! Girl you are not alone!!! I'm so glad i have a knitting group with friends with kids, you all are my moral support! And altho I'm not where you are yet, you can lean on Sonya and Lora for sure!!!! Be strong! Emma will LOVE IT!!!! and THAT will make you happy :D

N. Maria said...

Oh, yes, that can be very traumatic!
When I started dreading sending my son off, I found out about homeschooling and did that until he was 13! Well, he just graduated from a college prep school and is now going to start college!!