Monday, August 13, 2007

First Day of School





Well, today was the day my first baby girl entered KINDERGARTEN!!! She woke up excited, ate breakfast, got dressed, and asked lots of questions. It was all going so wonderfully, until we went to walk out the door.....Emma opened it ready to go and out Jax runs! What terrible timing! We tried luring him back with a treat, chasing after him, nothing worked. Emma started to cry saying she was the one that opened the door, what if he doesn't come back mommy. I said "Forget it, let him run, this is not going to ruin our day! You didn't do anything wrong, dry your tears, Jax will come home if he wants. Now let's go to school and have a great day!" Thank goodness, she went along with that, still asking in the car, "Mommy will you please look for him while I'm in school?" Of course baby girl, now don't worry, and have a great day at school!

We walked into her classroom, she put her backpack in her cubbie and went to find her seat. She sat down, started to color, and was ready for class. I almost cried, she had done exactly what the teacher had written on the board, without being able to read, or even knowing what she was suppose to do. It made me so incredibly proud, but I had to suck up my tears and just praise her! I talked a little to the teacher and teacher's assistant, took some pictures, then gave her
a big hug and kiss, and out of the classroom I went. I had a few papers to drop off in the office, and had to run by the cafeteria to pay for her lunches in advance, then I HAD to go home balling my eyes out! It felt so strange leaving her. I wanted to go back and stay all day, but got myself together and went to find Jax. Kudos to my mom, she had came to watch Ava for me, and found him before I even got home. I can't wait to pick my baby girl up and it's only 11:15am :)

2 comments:

Lora said...

GO EMMA!! You look like a very smart kindergartener!!!! ENJOY!!
Now Momma-Tab...dry your tears. She's a big girl now! You've done a great job!!
(no worries, they still run to momma's for hugs even when they are in school)

Peggy said...

When I went to bed last night I cried just thinking about my little Emma Belle going to school today. She is such a wonderful, intelligent and confident little girl I know she will do just fine and adjust well. It is Gammy that has to adjust to this new season of my one and only grandbaby's life. I just want to hold and kiss her!!!!