Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Let the Halloween Parties Begin....




As most of you may know, I love Fall! It is my favorite season! The best time to knit, spin, cook, sew (yep, I said sew), and have fun with Halloween! This year I made a lot of my girls costumes. Emma decided on Sally from The Nightmare Before Xmas and Ava chose to be Glinda or Galinda the Good Witch, if you've seen the wonderful musical Wicked :) I started off thinking, where will I get a wig for Sally that isn't expensive... hey, wait a minute, I knit....duh! So, I took my chances and decided to knit one up! It turned out much better than I had expected without a pattern and whatnot. I hand sewn her dress together, and stitched some stitches on her tights with the sewing machine my wonderful friend/ex-mother-in-law, Peggy, so graciously let me borrow. As well as taught me how to use (I haven't used a sewing machine since high school). She also pretty much made Ava's skirt, which was wonderful! I had so much left to do, and I don't think I would have had enough confidence to make a skirt just yet, lol! I did, however, sew a belt and puffy sleeves to match. The girl's thought they were great and that's what matters to me :) Emma even won the costume contest at our family Halloween party we attend every year...this makes her third year in a row winning best costume! She was sooooo thrilled!

3 comments:

Erin said...

The girls' costumes are outstanding. Great job! I am going to have to get a sewing machine someday. Every Halloween I wish I had one to make costumes.

Stacy said...

those costumes are AWESOME!!!

Sonya said...

WOW!! The girls are so big and grown up. Way to go mom on the coolest costumes!