Saturday, August 23, 2008

Jealous!!!!

I know I haven't post anything in ages!!! Shame, shame, but life gets busy, and not that I don't love to post...I just can't seem to keep up! Anyway, I haven't knit much lately (other than a keychain sock), but I have had a great summer with my family. I am happy to say I have a beautiful little first grader now. She is getting so big, so fast!
I have, however, found time to start spinning! My wonderful friend and Emma's Gammy, Peggy, and I have decided to make a day of knitting and spinning on occasions when she comes to pick up Emma. We had the chance to get together yesterday and it was GREAT! Well, except for my spinning that is, LOL. Peggy brought all of her wheels, yes I said all, technically she has three!!! I am so lucky that she is graciously letting me spin on them AND even left two of them at MY house with me!!!!! This gorgeous little baby is one of them. I think it looks pretty nice in my living room, ha! But I would have to say I had the worse time trying to spin on it. I haven't ever spun on a single treadle, and I'll tell you what, my foot couldn't keep that thing spinning...it was making me want to say bad words (as Peggy would put it)! I have continued to work on my single treadling today, and I'm happy to say it's much better! I love spinning! If you look closely, you can see my improvement :)
Another one of my new loves, is the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. This book was awesome! I couldn't put it down! If you like the movie "The Lost Boys" and like a good love story, then this is the book for you. All about love and vampires, without the raunchiness of some vampire stories I've read. I have finished Twilight and have started the second of the series, New Moon. Also, the movie is coming out in November and I can't wait to see if it does the book justice!
That's all I have for now, but I will be sure to keep you all posted on my spinning progress and I may even have some yarn or a knitted FO to show next time...don't hold your breath though, LOL!

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Looks like some fine spinning to me. Glad you are enjoying the wheel and the books. And that picture of Emma Belle is too sweet and she looks way too grown up. I don't like it one bit.

Stacy said...

first grade?! how does that happen?! I dread it already! that wheel does look good in your living room :D ooooh tim, doesn't that wheel look good in your living room??? i will have to look for that book when i go to the library in a week :D altho i will probably go see the movie even if i don't read it...good to hear from ya after so long!

Sonya said...

It is great to hear from you! I am so glad you are spinning again. Can't wait to see all the wonderful yarn you will make.

She is a very grown up girl.