Monday, May 5, 2008

Derby Day Dish


Well I have absolutely nothing to report on my knitting lately, but I do however have a party to post, a Derby party!!! My uncle has one every year, and it's always really fun! The girl's make a Derby hat, get to have a stick horse race, eat lots (that's the part Ava loves :), and this year I even let them do a little betting. My family has small pots that make it worth betting, but doesn't really empty your pockets at the same time, so I decided the girl's were old enough to pick the "silk" they wanted to win...yes, they picked by the jockey's silk pic in the book and the names. Ava decided on Denis of Cork because he had the awesome hot pink on, and Emma went with Eight Belles, since Belle is her middle name :) LOL! Cute, right? And they did win 2nd and 3rd place...I knew I should have let the bet the larger pot, bummer! But they bet the smaller one and went home with a few dollars, to them money is money anyway!



We had a great day!

5 comments:

Stacy said...

man, y'all make those hats? they are tooooo cute! it must be the girls wearing them :D sounds like a blast!

Sonya said...

They look so cute with the hats on!

your baby girl said...

Hey Tabby! I just got caught up on your and Momma's blogs. The picture of you on knittingandspinningwithewe when you guys went to see "The Harlot" is so amazing. I just wanted to take the time to make sure you know that you are stunning! Seriously, your bone structure and eyes are gorgeous. You have grown into such a beautiful woman. I am so proud that you are my Emma's momma! We all love and respect you so much! Sara

your baby girl said...

by the way..."your baby girl" was created solely so I could send comments to Mom on her blog. Never thought about it being on someone else's blog.ha

Peggy said...

How cute!!!!! So glad you all had such a good time.